Wildsight is looking for an Operations Director to hitch our crew. This place is a key member of the senior administration crew, working intently with the Govt Director, Program Managers, and Board of Administrators to make sure the fiscal integrity and environment friendly functioning of the group and help the long-term sustainability of the group. Core obligations embrace administration and organizational insurance policies, technique and resolution making, constructing environment friendly and efficient methods, organizational budgeting and forecasting, monetary reporting, and human sources coverage and implementation. This position is important for the well being and success of the group and works instantly with various our program groups.
Wildsight is an environmental charity with a mission to guard wilderness, wildlife and clear water, encourage the following era and encourage sustainable communities within the Columbia Basin area of BC. Our imaginative and prescient is to encourage a shared neighborhood want to guard the pure world for future generations. With 35 years of expertise, we’re acknowledged as a pacesetter in large-scale conservation, sustainable neighborhood initiatives and environmental training. We work intently with our community of six native Wildsight branches.
Our core crew is made up of 16 passionate, devoted and educated people who encourage one another each day by our dedication to creating change and defending nature. We have been doing digital work lengthy earlier than Covid. Whereas our headquarters are positioned in Kimberley, our crew is positioned all through the Columbia Basin. We’re dedicated to advancing our understanding of, and dedication to, Reconciliation and Range, Fairness, Justice and Inclusion.
Concerning the Place
This can be a full-time everlasting place, 37.5 hours/week, however a 0.8 FTE place can be attainable if desired. The best begin date for this place is January 2023, however we’re keen to be versatile for the proper candidate.
We welcome functions from the Kootenay area; nonetheless being primarily based in Kimberley and capable of work from our headquarters can be ultimate. We’re keen to contemplate alternate preparations with the profitable candidate, however there can be a requirement to journey to the headquarters with some frequency. Kimberley was just lately voted BC’s Finest Small City; nestled between the Purcell and Rocky Mountains and with a inhabitants of 7500, Kimberley is a novel neighborhood with many alternatives for nature-based recreation. Situated half-hour from Cranbrook, the total vary of facilities are simply accessible.
Wages and Advantages
$57,750- $67,568 commensurate with expertise
Wildsight provides 5 weeks of paid trip to help psychological well being and connection to the landscapes we work to guard. We additionally provide a Personal Well being Companies Plan to assist cowl dental, prescription and different medical prices.
- You might be beautifully organized and luxuriate in engaged on administrative coverage, danger administration, and human useful resource points.
- You’re a methods thinker who goals to optimize how organizations work and discover higher methods to acheive our objectives..
- You’ve got sturdy interpersonal abilities and work nicely with small groups.
- You’ve got a eager eye for finance and why numbers matter, not simply within the particulars, but in addition the massive image.
- You take pleasure in speaking monetary knowledge, operational and administrative info non-financially/administratively minded individuals and groups.
- You’ve got a minimal of three+ years of earlier expertise in a non-profit or different operational position on a small crew, enterprise administration, finance or accounting associated position; non-profit/charity expertise is a large asset.
- You’ve got information of accounting, administration, bookkeeping, auditing, inner controls, and payroll finest practices. Having expertise in on-line accounting methods (e.g.
- Quickbooks) can be an enormous asset however just isn’t required.
- You might be comfy with expertise and on-line platforms.
- You might be affected person and calm within the face of a number of, competing calls for, and deadlines and may assess precedence and handle your time accordingly.
- You maintain a robust conservation ethic and are obsessed with environmental points.
Obligations and Duties
Reporting to the Govt Director, the Operations Director has a broad remit over Wildsight’s administration, operations, funds and HR.
- Optimize methods for effectivity and effectiveness throughout the group, working with completely different groups to enhance processes and maximize impression This would come with working with our Schooling crew, with the Youth Local weather Corps and on fundraising.
- Assist and lead long-term planning to make sure the sustainability and stability of the group.
- Construct sturdy relationships with our 6 Branches, supporting our shared work, enhancing effectivity and effectiveness, and managing reporting necessities between Wildsight Branches and Wildsight Regional.
- Develop a robust relationship with Board of Administrators to help efficient and knowledgeable governance, together with participation in and help for Board sub-committees, together with the Fund Improvement and Human Assets sub-committees.
- Coordinate improvement of annual work plans and annual critiques with program groups
- Make sure the Board of Administrators, workers, and contractors carry applicable and ample insurance coverage protection; handle danger administration insurance policies.
- Lead a assessment to contemplate new fashions for membership construction to maximise engagement.
- Assist the Environmental Schooling Crew in creating new funding fashions to maximise long-term sustainability and stability of packages.
- Work intently with the Fundraising Crew to steward particular person giving.
- Plan and coordinate key occasions, like our AGM, Board-team retreats, bi-annual gathering, and so forth.
- Work with Program Managers to develop program and organizational budgets and forecasts and environment friendly administrative and monetary methods.
- Present fiscal steerage to the senior administration crew and Board of Administrators. Current quarterly monetary statements to the Board of Administrators.
- Oversee bookkeeping, together with financial institution and bank card reconciliations. This may very well be your job however extra seemingly shall be carried out by a bookkeeper, who you oversee.
- Oversee money movement, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Oversee payroll.
- Oversee processing of charitable donations and receipting.
- Lead the annual exterior auditing course of.
- Present onboarding to new workers and contractors.
- Write contracts and worker agreements for workers and contractors.
- Draft and implement human useful resource insurance policies; assessment present insurance policies on an annual foundation and suggest adjustments as applicable.
- Oversee trip monitoring.
- Coordinate annual workers efficiency critiques, organizational critiques and remuneration and advantages critiques.
- Reply questions and deal with workers points as wanted.
Fund Improvement and Grant Administration
- Assist fund improvement by offering monetary enter on funding proposals and dealing with the fundraising crew to help particular person giving.
- Handle the grant administration course of, monitoring proposal and reporting deadlines.
The profitable candidate will carry a breadth of expertise and ability to the core features recognized above, nonetheless proficiency in all areas just isn’t anticipated. You’ll be key to defining the administrator position.
Please submit your resume and canopy letter in a single PDF to Robyn Duncan, Govt Director, robyn(at)wildsight.ca. Inform us why this job excites you, what you’ll carry to it and why you’re the finest candidate for the job. Wildsight is dedicated to variety, fairness and inclusion in our hiring processes and work atmosphere and we encourage girls, individuals of color, individuals of Indigenous ancestry and LGBTQ2+ people to use for this place. The place will stay open till stuffed, however the first spherical of interviews is focused for late 2022/early 2023. We thank all candidates for his or her curiosity, nonetheless, we’ll solely contact these chosen for an interview.