The Metropolis of Reno and CORE Development are inviting the neighborhood to a Groundbreaking Ceremony on the future web site of the Moana Springs Group Aquatics and Health Middle on Wednesday, August 10, 2022 at 9 a.m.
The Reno Metropolis Council lately accepted a $12 million Proprietor-CMAR building contract for section one of many Moana Springs Group Aquatics and Health Middle.
The general public can get extra info and monitor venture updates at MoanaSprings.com.
Key venture milestones are outlined under:
- August 2022: Web site work begins (groundbreaking)
- Late 2022: Section two Proprietor-CMAR building contract offered to Council
- Spring 2023: Constructing and pool building begins
- Summer season 2024: Ultimate completion
The 2-level facility, to be situated at 240 West Moana Lane adjoining to the prevailing soccer fields, will embody:
An indoor competitors pool for swimming, water polo, and diving, measuring 50 meters by 25 yards.
- The pool is about 12,000 sq. toes.
- Indoor multi-use pool for classes and leisurely swimming. Features a water slide, zero-depth entry,
- splash options, and a resistance pool (lazy river) measuring 60 toes by 60 toes. The pool is about 3,200 sq. toes.
- Outside heated soaking pool for stress-free, measuring 58 toes by 17 toes and about 900 sq. toes.
- Multi-purpose rooms for courses, birthday events, and neighborhood conferences.
- Locker rooms on the primary ground.
- Health Middle on the second ground, measuring about 5,000 sq. toes.
The Metropolis’s funding plan for the Moana Springs Group Aquatic and Health Middle features a beneficiant $9-million pledge from The William N. Pennington Basis.
The Moana Pool completely closed in 2007. Since then, Sierra Nevada Group Aquatics (SNCA), a nonprofit, was fashioned with a mission to rebuild an aquatics facility and spearhead the Moana Springs Group Aquatic and Health Middle design.